Unfortunately, I wont manage to implement everything i wanted to implement, but i hope i will have most of the important ones from my TODO list.
some of them are:
- Instanced based voxel Particles for blood, explosion fragments and dirt.
- A few pre-set weapons used for demonstration in free-camera mode.
- A few dummy objects to blow up, generating cascades of blood and gore that paint the terrain red :)
hopefully i can also put together a more decent and more presentable loading screen, but it don't have very high priority, probably the very last thing i do if i have time to spare.
Things that i wont have time for:
- SSAO(this really bothers me, it would have made my project 100x more presentable and attractive to view).
- Depth of field.
- Player physics.
- Some form of simple multiplayer test.
It really is sad that i wont have time to implement multiplayer before the LAN, it would have been awesome to test play the game with the other people there, but I guess we cant have it all :3
I have spent the last 2 days messing with the instancing for my particle effects.
And I think I have everything solved(except for some performance penalty to be solved later).
If things goes well, the particle engine should be implement into the engine today, and unless any unforeseen problem should arrive, perhaps record a short tec-demo and upload to youtube :)
The particleManager is implemented and running very smoth, I'm very happy with the performance and how it works(pre-loading and recycle old particles).
But i forgot that the custom shader i used for instancing would create problems with fog...
so until this is solved, I don't feel its worth making a movie and upload to youtube, I would only regret it later.
If only i had a working Depth of field class, it would not create the same problem, and everything would look awesome! :D